1/19/2015

Tine Travels: AnNäherung 2015 in Bielefeld

On the weekend I attended a very fun event - the AnNäherung 2015. For those who are not familiar with the German language, "Nähen" is the German word for sewing and the title of the event is a word play, mixing sewing and the word approaching, which is in German "Annäherung". Got it?

I had the pleasure to visit the AnNäherung 2014 last year and therefore I was in the circle of people who had a priority to apply for the tickets. Due to the size of the room, where the event takes place, the sewing-meet-up is only open for up to 40 people and so I was very lucky to be one of them - and I'll be one of them in 2016 as well. Maybe I'll meet you there? Check out the blogs of Miriam, Susi and Alex, who organize the meet-up and you'll find out if there are tickets left.
I chose a Burda pattern from September 2010, which is a classic trenchcoat. My inspiration were the metallic trenchcoats from Burberry Spring/Summer 2013, which I adored since I saw them on the runway. In the assortment of www.myfabrics.co.uk I found the perfect fabric, so I knew this would be a great match.
My fabric is a little bit less shiny, but has got a metallic sheen as well. I didn't get around to take decent pictures yet, but the coat definitely deserves its own outfit post. This post should only be about the event.
I arrived on Friday evening, due to a missed train connection a little later than expected, but when I arrived the introduction had only started and I didn't miss too much. Though I plan to take a day off from work for next year, because I'll be able to check the fabric outlet in Verl then.

After the introduction, where everybody shared their reason for sewing and the idea for the projects they wanted to tackle during the weekend, everybody started preparations and sewing. I went to bed at 1am, but I heard of people who stayed up until 3am sewing and chatting.

The next day after breakfast sewing continued, with a lot of cursing and unpicking of seams from my part. It's been a while since I made a coat or jacket and also I stuck to the same patterns, where I knew the directions by heart in the last months, so it took a while until I got the directions from Burda.

The armhole was a bit tight and I had to unpick and redo the armhole quite a few times. Also, I learned from Sybille, that, if Burda says "ease the armhole" they really mean "ease the armhole" and you shouldn't skip this step due to lack of knowledge on how to do it. But with her help I managed to do it. Thanks Sybille!

Mema brought some shoulderpads the next day to improve the fit in the shoulder and on Sunday in the afternoon the only thing missing on my coat were the buttons. I even managed to insert the lining without a problem and the inside of the coat looks very neat.


This is during the presentation of the finished garment at the end of the weekend. The coat was still missing buttons, which I added in the evening, when I was back at home. I wore the coat to work today and felt great. It's a great outfit to wear with skinny jeans and boots.

8 Kommentare:

  1. Waaahnsinn, du hast ihn wirklich fertig? Mit den ganzen Riegeln und allem? Ich hab' am Sonntag wegen Schlafmangel so einiges nicht mehr mitgekriegt, scheint mir. Ich muss definitiv an meinem Nähtempo arbeiten! Und nächstes Mal vielleicht etwas mehr schlafen. ;) Ich finde deine Stoffwahl und das Modell sehr gelungen - und gut tragbar, denn der Glanz der Originalmodelle wäre mir denn doch too much. Es war sehr nett, dich wieder mal zu treffen - bis nächstes Jahr, oder, wer weiß, mal zwischendruch zufällig auf dem Markt oder bei einem Handarbeits-Event.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Jaaa, ich habe noch bis um 11 Uhr nachts Knöpfe angenäht. Jetzt fehlt nur noch eine Gürtelschließe, da habe ich noch nicht das passende gefunden und irgendwie gefällt mir der Oversize-Look auch ganz gut.
      Ich habe sicherlich zu wenig gequatscht, denn irgendwie habe ich das Gefühl nur von meinem Tisch etwas mitbekommen zu haben. Aber es war trotzdem nett euch alle mal wieder zu sehen.
      Ein Trip nach Berlin ist dieses Jahr sicherlich drin und dann melde ich mich bei dir, damit wir uns auch mal geplant auf dem Markt treffen :-)

      Löschen
    2. Da hänge ich mich geren gleich dran mit dem Wunsch, dich bald wieder zu sehen :)))
      Vielleicht mit dem genialen Trench?
      LG
      Wiebke

      Löschen
  2. Ohhh, das sieht nach viel Spaß aus! Erstaunlich, was du alles in der Zeit geschafft hast! Leider habe ich dieses Jahr wieder die Ankündigung für die Annäherung verpasst. Danke für die Links, da werde ich jetzt regelmäßig vorbeischauen und vielleicht schaffe ich es ja nächstes Jahr dabei zu sein :)

    Liebe Grüße
    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo Julia,
      ja, wenn ich mich konzentriere, schaffe ich ordentlich was. Vielleicht nehme ich aber 2016 mal ein weniger aufwendiges Projekt mit.
      Das wäre natürlich schön, wenn du auch dabei bist! Vielleicht klappt es ja. Ansonsten treffen wir uns vielleicht auf der H+H? Bin Ende März in Köln.

      Liebe Grüße
      Tine

      Löschen
  3. Wow! Der Mantel ist ist so toll geworden. War schön, dich wieder zu treffen.

    LG Tina

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ihr habt ja den Mantel noch gar nicht ganz fertig gesehen ;-). Aber vielen Dank für die Komplimente. Ich fühle mich in ihm auf jeden Fall sehr lässig und das ist ja das wichtigste.
      Nächstes Jahr probiere ich mich aber vielleicht auch mal an einem Kleid! Wobei ich da wahrscheinlich keine zwei schaffe, so wie du!

      Liebe Grüße
      Tine

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...