12/26/2014

Tine Sews: Five Free Patterns

I have to admit something: Even though I love the creativity of the indie pattern scene and also often consider to buy a pattern, I mostly stick to my TNT Burda patterns. I don't have a pear shaped body, so I don't really have problems with the sizing and even though I like the designs of Tasia from Sewaholic, I think they are a bit too cutesy for my style. Also, I can make a dress in a Burda 42 straight from the magazine and I dont't really have to alter the patterns. Lucky me!

My experience with other patterns is somehow biased too. I bought one pattern from a German company called Farbenmix, which I couldn't find back then from any other pattern maker. It was a raglan sleeve sweater. Unfortunately the pattern doesn't fit me, the sleeves are too bulky and I had to take them in quite a lot.Yes, I know I'm quite bummed that a year after I got that, Grainlinestudio is offering the Linden sweatshirt and it would have been perfect fit probably. I should try to adapt my longings to the rank and file and not try to be ahead of the sewing trend.

But I've tried some free patterns with success and therefore I want to share with you the five free patterns I often use or would love to try.

Pattern One: The Simple Shirt
Okay, I was totally inspired by the Scout woven top, when I was searching for this pattern. I found it in the book that belongs to the first season of The Great British Sewing Bee. The German edition offers all the patterns online to download and that's where I got the blouse/t-shirt pattern. I made this since I got it in at least five different versions, either in a woven or jersey fabric and they all fit amazingly well.

Pattern Two: The Shorts
I made these in summer, but haven't blogged about them yet. They fit well in summer, but with some winter fat around the belly, the zipper is a little bit difficult to close. Made these once in a dark denim and once with an interesting flower print. I'm sure they will get lots of wear next summer. I found them online, they are from a magazine called Peppermint Mag, which offers womes sewing patterns every once in a while.
source: Peppermint Mag Sewing School

Pattern Three: The Pyjama Pants
These were part of a sew-a-long that accompanied the launch of the German edition of the book belonging to the first season of The Great British Sewing Bee. The pattern is for a simple pair of pyjama pants and I'd love to make friends and family a pair of them for next year's christmas holiday. They come in four sizes and are a really quick make for an experienced sewer and a nice beginners project for people who just got a sewing machine.

Pattern Four: The Draped Shirt
This pattern is made by Immi, who has her own German blog and shared the pattern for the draped shirt on burdastyle.com. It's exactly my size and I could make it straight from the printed pattern. It's perfect in a drapey viscose fabric, either made with a stripey or single colour fabric.


Pattern Five: The Hemlock Tee
I'd love to give this a try, especially as I'm trying to gravitade from colourful printed fabrics to more simple and plain looks in muted colours. I'd love to do a colourblocked version, maybe in grey and yellow or dark grey and pink.
source: Grainlinestudio

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...