8/13/2013

From drab to fab - upholstering a chair

I got this chair from a friend and it had a former black upholstery, but it was faded with the years. First I simply covered it with a light blanket, but it tended to fall off and so I decided to get myself some fabric and sew a new made-to-measure cushion. The process was really simple and I only needed about 1,5m of fabric. I used a fabric that is sadly sold out already, but it's from the same collection as this one. It reminds me of the fabric from an Ikea chair that I once put on my inspiration list.

I'm thinking about making two more covers for the different seasons, maybe a christmassy one for the holiday season. What do you think about that idea?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...