This week at work I wrote a text about sewing needles and during the research I often read that the effect of a bent or slightly broken needle can highly effect the machine. So when I came home first thing I did, was changing the needles of my serger. I hadn't used that machine for about two years, because it didn't work properly anymore. So, I set in the new needles, which were still in the little box belonging to the machine and voilá - machine works perfectly again.
To celebrate this and welcome back the machine in my life I used it every evening since then. Not one, not two, but four tops and one blouse were sewn on the machine in the past three days.
The first item was a blouse made of fabric that I bought on my Paris trip last year for Valentines Day. I had already assembled the body of the blouse with French seams and just needed to attach the collar. I tried it with my regular machine, but didn't like the end result, so I wanted to serge it. With my "new" machine I had done the task in less than 30 minutes.
Here is the result:
In the front piece is a slit on the neckline and the collar can be tied in the front. If it was a little bit longer you could also tie a bow, I can just knot it.
In the next days I'll show you the other finished projects like my new metallic jersey drapey top and tiny tank imitation.