7/06/2012

Black Dots On Gold

I scored this great fabris at work. It's a black jersey which is coated with a layer of golden foil and the foil has some holes in the shape of dots, which gives the fabric a really interesting texture. I bought just 0.7 m to make my simple skirt. I made it today with my new black thread ( rPET recycled Polyester thread from Gütermann, I'll write about it soon) and could manage to get the pieces for the skirt and a bikini out of the fabric. Oh, and with the leftover I can make a simple turban, which gives every outfit a special touch.
Here are some different ways of styling it. The top with geometric print is also made by me, another one of my staple patterns. I'm currently trying out different styling ideas to see what suits my body best. I like the highwaisted style, which you can see on so many bloggers but I think I'm abit too large and not curvy enough for that and have not enough waist to pull it of. The styling with the twist in the top covers the humps and bumps and looks much more flattering. Maybe I should try some shapewear? Has anyone experiences with Spanx? The sandals are one of my score from a fleamarket in Bonn last year, they are uber comfortable even though they look terribly high .
Stripes and dots look fabulous together, at least in my opinion . The pink necklace adds the final touch. I made it myself simply by crocheting some rows of stitches on to a metal chain. Anyone interested in a tutorial? The waistband of the skirt was attached again with slipstitching by hand. It took about two episodes of SATC. In the episodes I watched Carrie was wearing an amazing wrap dress, which is now on my to-do-list. I already have a good pattern from an old Easy BurdaStyle in mind which will be perfect. Now, I only need to find the best jersey with a similar print. I've seen some samples at work and I think I will find something suitable in the Summer Sale. There are some good fabrics in the sale, so hurry up and get them before they are sold out!
Oh and by the way I got a look at the new Burda patterns for autumn winter 2012/2013 today. There are some really interesting pieces in the collection. But the best part is the styling! Some models even wear the blogger-famous Litas from Jeffrey Campbell.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...