6/30/2011

Last day of Me-Made June

Day 30:

Dress: me-made ( Burda mod. 104 from an old issue)
Jacket: H&M
Sandals: Deichmann
Bag: Forever 18
This is it. Me-Made June is officially over. For the last day I chose to wear something that I like a lot and that fits perfectly into summer season. It's a dress that I made from a vintage fabric which I got at my local HepShop. The fabric seems to be a polyester knit from the 70s or 80s, quite like swimwear fabric. Maybe I'll have enough scraps to produce a bikinitop.
So what did I learn during Me-Made June. I definitely have enough blouses and shirts but I'm missing some pants and skirts to combine them with to make a head-to-toe me-made look. I already started to look for some simple skirt patterns in my Burda collection and have a trouser pattern in mind that I would like to try again. Maybe I'll find the Beignet pattern on my journey through California which will start in two weeks. I'm super excited. Now I only have to get through the last two exams and then summer can come.
Today I visited another thrift store in Düsseldorf and I found an amazing pair of trousers there. 

They are from Etro and really show the Etro aesthetic. The only problem is- they don't fit me. Anyway they were a steal for 1,50€ so I got them as an investment piece. Maybe they'll fit my daughter if I have kids later.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...