11/10/2015

Tine Sews: The Denim Dress

I imagined this dress totally different in my head. Originally I planned to make a denim dress in this shape, but with two rows of ribbon on the hem and not on the sleeves. But when I was making the dress I had this idea about using the ribbon for the sleeves and than inserting an elastic, so that the sleeves would be gathered. And of course I made this first, without checking whether I had enough ribbon for the hem. And of course I didn't have enough. So here is my denim dress without the hem detail - but I love it anyway. It's so easy to wear and looks especially fine with one of my handmade necklaces.
I left the sleeve hems and the hem of the dress raw to give it a pretty casual look.
The length of the sleeves is about three quarters, which I like at the moment. It's not too short and not too long.
 I remembered to sew pockets in the sideseams which are really practical and shouldn't be missing on a skirt which is meant to be a casual dress. They are lined with a pretty fabric with a flower print.
The dress makes me happy!
I used a bias facing on the neckline, which is simple and which I use on nearly all of my dresses and blouses I made lately.
I got the ribbon when I was fabric shopping last year with Charly in Walthamstow.I still have some, which should be nice for a detail on another blouse or dress.

1 Kommentar:

  1. So fun & happy bright colours! Too bad you didn't have enough of the trim, but I think it might have been a bit too much anyway. The colour on the sleeves is just the perfect amount of colour. Love the matching boots!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...