6/13/2013

Lessons I learned during Me Made May 2013

This is what I learned during Me Made May: It's not a good year for sewalongs or any other event that requires continual blogging and most of all picture taking. The month started very well with me taking pictures regularly before heading off to work.
Then I travelled for a week and instead of taking the opportunity to take great pictures while I was away, I stopped taking pictures and returned from the week without any picture. I managed to wear me-made every day in the holiday, it is just not documented.
But then in the last week of May I got uninspired with my me-made things and on the last two days I got uninspired with my me-made garments and so I got lazy and didn't wear me-made till the end of the month. So, I have to say "Challenge failed!".

I should've known better that I'm very bad with these continual events in the blogosphere. Remember the UFO-Angriff 2013? Same story there. I was highly motivated in the beginning but then lost it somewhere along the way.

One thing I manage to do though is the Spring Sewing Swap. Yesterday I posted my little parcel and I'm excited about Jane's reaction. I hope she'll like what I picked.

Yesterday I also managed to get back in the swing of sewing and finished a skirt. Maybe I'll get around to taking pictures of it in the next days. It's a simple skirt similar to the Grainline Moss skirt.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Schön, dass das nicht nur mir passiert :) Ich glaube, man sollte sich selber nicht zu sehr unter Druck setzen. Gerne hätte ich auch bei dem diesjährigen MMM teilgenommen, aber mit 2 Wochen Urlaub und einer Geschäftsreise war mir klar, dass ich keine Lust haben würde jeden Tag Fotos von mir zu machen. Das "normale Leben" außerhalb der Blogoshere sollte immer noch Vorrang haben, meiner Meinung nach. Ich bin mir sicher, dass du daraus gelernt hast und noch mehr Me-Mades für den nächsten Mai parat hast. LG Julia

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...