11/22/2011

My first Sorbetto

Top: me-made (Sorbetto)
Cardigan: me-made (selft drafted pattern)
Jeans: store bought
Shoes: Fleamarket (Gabor)
This is my first Sorbetto which I made 2 or 3 months ago. I got the fabric from Karstadt in Hamburg, it was a remnant piece of 1 m. It's 100% Silk and was a bit tricky to sew. I used French Seams everywhere because I thought that a overlock edge would be too stiff for the thin material. The old machine from my mother that I used wasn't very cooperative and so I had to put it aside for a while until I got to my machine where the fabric didn't cause any problems. Due to the print you can hardly see the pleat in the front but it's a cute detail. I already have some fabric in mind that I want to use for my next Sorbetto.
The cardigan was also made a couple of months ago.I took a well fitting pattern from a dress for the bodice and the sleeves and drafted the front panel from that. This was the first version and in the second one I enlarged the front to give it more drape. The seams were all done on my serger.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...